Monday, November 14, 2011

Quickie Bullet Post


  • Ran 16 miles with the Run Tex group this last Saturday. Kept a pretty good pace of 8:30-8:45 mile pace. It helped to have James & Sarah there pushing me and keeping me going! Especially at the end as we were running against the wind! I had an odd crampy feeling in my calf that started at mile 6. Stayed with me the whole run, but didn't get worse thankfully.

  • Tried out a new pumpkin muffin recipe...it turned out so so. I was really looking for something like the pumpkin bread at Starbucks...this was similar but not as sweet. I am not the best baker! (Or cook for that matter)

  • I am going back and forth with myself about running a marathon in the spring. I really want to, but I guess I am a little scared...scared of the commitment....There are some weeks where fitting in 3 days during the week to run is a struggle. So, I worry about the time commitment. And I feel like I need to add in some cross training but how will I find time for that? I think I just need to pick a marathon...sign up...and that will be that. No more going back and forth. Sarah, from my run group, suggested that a few of us should pick one race and train together. Would probably be good to have some people to be held accountable to.

  • Is it really almost Thanksgiving? This year has gone by SO fast!

That's about all I have.


Congratulations to my friend Erin over here....she place 6th in the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon!!!! She is SO fast! (And she is running the JFK 50 miler this coming up weekend!) Wish her luck if you have a second!

1 comment:

  1. Rain, thank you so much for your kind words! I am so very appreciative of your support. Thank you!

    I vote yes for the marathon! You can definitely cater your training schedule based on your personal schedule. I'm happy to help you train; you know me, I never turn down a chance to run a marathon. There is a March marathon in the Woodlands that one of my friends told me about. It's supposed to be a flat course and very well organized. I'm planning to run it.

    ReplyDelete