Thursday, August 11, 2011

Excuses

This morning, like a lot of other mornings I woke up and made excuses why I shouldn't run.

I am tired
I can run tomorrow
I can run tonight
my stomach hurts
Really, the list can go on and on...

I really didn't want to run this morning....but I did. And I am so glad that I chose to ignore the excuses and get out there!

The more excuses I have...the more I really need to just get out there.

Running teaches us a lot about life.

Are there things in your life that you make excuses about? Things that you know are good for you, or will improve your situation but you don't do them because you are making lame excuses? You feel lazy? You feel tired? You are scared?

My advice is to just get out there and do it.

2 comments:

  1. I am the queen of coming up with excuses and do the same thing for all of my workouts by running through the list of things I can use as excuses. But I agree, I never regret a workout, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's often hard to ignore that voice in our heads that's filling us with excuses and easy outs, but I've always found I never regret getting up and getting the run in. Great work getting up and getting it done. It's especially tough this time of year when it's so hot not to give into excuses.

    ReplyDelete