Monday, May 23, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

There is nothing like running in 96 degree weather (with 70% humidity) to turn your attitude around!

I was having a moment yesterday, yes, I will call it a moment. Instead of doing something completely useless I decided I needed to run. To clear my head and sort some things out.

The park that is usually packed with people on the weekends was pretty much empty. Was I the only one crazy enough to be running in the heat??

I ran..I sweat!!!!...I ran some more...I cursed....I SWEAT...and I cursed some more. It was nowhere near my easiest run. I only went 3 miles but geeezz it felt like 6!

It never ceases to amaze me though what running can do. I was tired, but I felt better emotionally. It's like all my negativity got shook up, loosened, and seeped out with every drop of sweat.

My thought for today is Hallelujah for running!

And on another note...I met Jessica at Town Lake for a super fasty fast 5 miles at a 7.02 pace! Woo hoo we had a great time! It was nice to run in a new place, and even nicer to run with my running partner who I am REALLY missing during the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment