Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Holiday Weekend Recap

Saturday
Long run with Jessica at Town Lake.  I got there a bit early and did a quick 1/2 mile warm up...met up with Jessica and stretched and then we were off.  All in all a pretty good run.  Town Lake is always interesting because there are so many people and the people watching is great!  Speaking of people watching....mid run we ran in to drunk college kids topless and jumping off a bridge in to the river.  As we ran past them I could smell the REEK of alcohol....you know it made me so happy to be out there...running...and just enjoying the morning.  I am happy to be older and somewhat smarter.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning house, doing laundry, etc...

Sunday
Sunday morning found me bright and early at Goodwill outlet...my favorite guilty pleasure. Some day I will explain the complexity and amazingness of this place.  It's not for everyone but I really like it.

Sunday afternoon we went swimming and out to our favorite mexican food place for dinner.

Monday
Went downtown early to get in a lower body workout at Dane's.  I am still sore from plank twists!

Monday mid day we headed down to Austin and ate at Hopdoddy's a super uber trendy best hamburger place to eat in Austin.  It was so so....It took us about 1/2 hour waiting in line to order...and all in all I just wasn't impressed.  The burger was good, but a little to juicy oily meaty for me...if that makes sense.  I am glad we tried it, but I don't think we will go back.

After lunch we headed out to Zilker Park to ride the kid's train.  It was almost 100 degrees and pretty humid, so it wasn't the best experience with a 3 year old.  I think we will stick to doing this early in the morning, it was just TOO hot.

So, that was my weekend....I have some pics, but I just haven't downloaded them yet. 

I did order some new shoes...the Asics GT2170.  (Thank you Road Runner Sports for having my size and for SUPER fast shipping!)  I get them tomorrow.  I had my feet measured and I guess my feet are narrow??  So, I am trying a narrow width to see if that helps.  Right now in my Adrenalines I really have to crank the lacing to feel snug on my feet, so maybe this narrow width will work.

Has anyone ever tried the POSE method?  I am curious.....today in Austin there is a Living Social deal for a clinic.  I have read about it before and it sounds interesting.

Daily Mile sent me my weekly mileage total from last week...
I am doing the less is more 1/2 marathon plan and only running 3 days a week.  It seems to be working out for me so far.

And last but not least.....

Congratulations to Erin for winning her 10k this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the new shoes are a good fit for you - I know it's been so frustrating to find something that works.

    I need to get out to Town Lake with you guys one weekend. I've only run there once which is crazy I don't take advantage of it living so close. I get too stuck in my routine.

    Glad you had a nice weekend. Thank you for the congratulatory wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your drunk guy story reminds me of when I run by a local bar here on Saturday nights and the drunk people standing outside to smoke stare at me like I'm a crazy person. Sometimes I swear they look behind me like something must be chasing me. LOL

    Hope you like your new shoes!

    ReplyDelete