Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ahhhhh Wednesday...............

It's mid week....Can't wait until this week is over! Ever had one of those mind numbing weeks where you can't catch up? It's my own fault really, but geez at the end of the day I am exhausted!

I went to my old run group yesterday for the first time in months! It felt nice to be back running with friends. We had a mile warm up, and then we were to complete six 800's. I did 5 nice and easy around an 8:15-8:30 pace. And then it was a mile cool down. 5.11 miles total. I felt great! Minimal tightness in my hips and calves made me SO happy! I hope I can keep increasing my miles.

Lately my hip has been on and off. I will feel it nagging all day one day, and then the next day not at all. I have been stretching and I am back to doing my exercises every day. I am S-I-C-K of even thinking about it to be honest. Wish it wasn't an issue, but it is so I need to be on it and not neglect or ignore if I feel pain or tightness. I really don't want to be at a point where I can't run again.

My workout plan this week:
Monday - Dane's Body Shop Lower Body + 2 miles (done)
Tuesday - Runtex group 5.11 miles (done)
Wednesday - Dane's Body Shop Core (done)
Thursday - Dane's Body Shop Lower Body + 2 miles
Friday - Dane's Body Shop Lower Body + 2 miles
Saturday - 3 miles Town Lake & Work with Ponies
Sunday - Yoga & Work with Ponies

This will be my highest mileage week in quite awhile.

Good luck to my friend Erin who is running Boston this weekend! Wish I could go drink some beers and cheer her on! Would LOVE to run a race like that someday!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you back at run group! Thank you so much for the good luck wishes (I need them!). I will drink some beer(s) for you :)

    ReplyDelete