Monday, January 23, 2012

Work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Well it's been almost a week since I have run. I did the elliptical Friday, P90x yoga on Saturday....we bought a cheap elliptical on craigslist, so Sunday I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and Ab Ripper X. Today was 45 minutes on the stationary bike. I am using muscles I haven't used for awhile since all I do is run, so I am happy to be exploring some new options as well as enjoying having the cardio outlet!

I am rolling out on my triggerpoint ball and roller, and doing the exercises the ART guy suggested. My calf is feeling less sore, and my back is feeling better...Still a little lingering achiness in my hips. I think the week off that I planned probably needs to turn in to 2 weeks.

I also think my March marathon is out of the question. Which I am fine with too because I am pretty sure I can do the 1/2. I am a little disappointed but I can always run a marathon later in the year. I just need to accept where I am at.

I also am learning about cross training and core. And have learned these are the things I need to incorporate when I do get back to running. I think lack of cross training and lack of core strength is what got me to where I am now.

So another week begins and it's back to the work grind!

I miss my running friends...and I miss running. But I will be back out there soon, hopefully refreshed and hopefully a little stronger!

Oh and my dearest friend Amy has invited me to Jamaica with her...pretty much all expenses paid! I am in the process of getting my passport renewed and then we will be going! I am super excited and look forward to a vacation, as I haven't had one in AWHILE!


Doesn't this look nice???  Always nice to have something to look forward to!









1 comment:

  1. Hang in there - the week will go by fast! And, there are always other marathons :)

    ReplyDelete