Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What a Narcissist!

As I was re-reading my post from yesterday I realized that everything I was saying about how I am feeling about 2012 had to do with me...things I am going to do for myself...things I am thinking about for myself, etc...

Honestly I am thinking of other things too.....

About being a better friend
About being a better wife
About being a better mother
About being a better employee
Just about being a better person in general

I would like to enrich my own life for sure....but I also want to be the type of person who can touch and enrich other people's lives also.

This year I also am going to start going to counseling. I really do need someone to talk to. And there are some issues in my life that I don't know how to even begin identifying and repairing. I have gone to counseling in the past, and if you find the right person, it can be very beneficial. We all have problems right? I could definitely use some help communicating....handling my emotions...being more present....I don't think there should be any shame in admitting that I don't have all the answers and that I could use some help.

So along with thinking about what I am good at, and what I want to do in my life to make my life better and more full of passion....I want to think about the way I act, react, don't act....and figure out ways to be a better me. (For every one's sake!)

See now I am going back to it being all about me! :)

But really, I guess it does come down to me....

6 comments:

  1. I've been trying to find a counselor for years. No luck yet :( Everyone just throws drugs at me and sends me on my way. I need a talking/listening doctor. Not someone who wants to put a bandaid on things.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My counselor(s) are two very loving basset hounds who listen very well but unfortunately can't talk back. I always call them my therapy dogs :). Let me know if you find someone you like/recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shame in that at all. Sometimes just saying things out loud can put it all in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therapy is awesome. That said, I don't think there is anything wrong with being narcissistic on your blog. Isn't that what they're there for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on the right track ... to helping and enriching others ... your recent comment made me smile and made me feel better. It made me feel that I am not alone. I had no idea that you had an hour commute both ways as well. Wow, can our lives be any more similar at times!? :)

    I think therapy is a good idea. I've toyed with it a lot. I have looked up therapist and even called a few requesting price ranges etc. When I was pregnant I was battling more and felt I needed to talk to someone ... hormones at their finest but even now, I feel trapped.

    Blogging is good therapy too ... at least to get it out there ... never feel bad about writing about "you" because you DOES matter. You have people (little and big) depending on you and as a mom, that is quite a weight on our shoulders.

    Let us both make this new year a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy maybe I should talk to someone about my typos instead! bwhaha

    ReplyDelete