Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I am thinking of growing a unibrow....or buying one.

The plan for today was 6 miles and 4 miles was supposed to be at tempo pace. I guess I sort of accomplished that. (Splits at the end of this post)

I knew this wasn't going to be an easy run at the start. The humidity was 80%, which made the air seem thick...plus it was already 80 degrees.

My thought for most of the run was that I needed a unibrow. Something to catch the sweat pouring in my eyes. I spent most of this run wiping my face to no avail. A unibrow would be perfect. Something similar to this but perhaps more bushy so it really absorbs the moisture.
It felt like this guy was attached to my legs the entire run.
By tempo mile 2 I started having mental MMA.



You can slow down, it's hot, anybody would slow down
NO YOU CAN'T SLOW DOWN YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Uh oh is that a pain in your IT band? You better slow down.
THAT IS A TWINGE OF PAIN IT WILL BE GONE IN A SECOND! YOU ARE JUST THINKING OF REASONS TO SLOW DOWN
A 2 mile tempo sounds much better than 4
YOU CAN DO A 4 MILE TEMPO RUN YOU BABY!
You might need more than a mile cool down
YOU CAN WALK AND COOL DOWN AFTER YOUR RUN!
You can slow down...no one will know
I WILL KNOW AND I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!
YOU HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE, YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN! THIS WON'T LAST FOREVER!

I did end up pushing myself the whole 6 miles and I am glad I did. But it was a struggle and not one of my easiest runs. I feel great now, and I will try this tempo again next Wednesday. But maybe at 3 in the morning when it's 70 :)

Splits
8:17
7:18
7:19
7:26
7:59
8:33

2 comments:

  1. Hahah I think you are crazy... xoxo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact: I used to have a unibrow in elementary school that looked like Bert's from Sesame Street. It wasn't pretty (I blame my parents for this one). I have the same sweat-in-eye problems (moreso when I bike) and it drives me crazy!

    Way to tough it out on your tempo run today!!

    ReplyDelete