Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sunscreen

For those of you with children, or perhaps just fair skin, I just saw this list and thought I would share!

I am always looking for non-toxic safe sunscreen that actually works!

http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/

I have tried so many and just haven't found one I really like yet.

Here are my reviews of the one's I have tried on myself and on the kids.

Johnson's Baby Sunscreen SPF 40
This one is natural and got good ratings for being non-toxic. But it goes on very white, which I don't care for. Coverage seems to be ok, but needs to be re-applied often, especially in water. It's cheap though and they carry it at Target.


ThinkSport or ThinkBaby SPF 30
WAY too white, and not as sweat proof as they claimed. Unless you really cake it on, it doesn't protect you from the sun that well if you are doing ANYTHING active. And if you cake it on it's like Halloween white make up...that thick and that white!! And if you keep trying to rub it in not only is your face red from rubbing, but it starts caking up and balling up :( Sorry but I can't stress enough how much I don't like this sunscreen!

California Baby SPF 30 Stick
White also, but very easy to apply. We carry this one everywhere. I would love to find this coverage without the white look though. They carry this one at Target also.
Coppertone Sport SPF 50 Spray
I also just recently grabbed some of this from Walmart the other day before we went swimming. I love the spray feature! It's not natural or all that safe but for ease of use I give this one two thumbs up! I did need to re-apply it after a short swim though.


Here are some I would like to try next:
Green Beaver SPF 30
Supposedly non-whitening which I would LOVE! $19.99 for SMALL tube though!
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen SPF 30
Always good reviews on this one.
BabyGanics Cover Up Sunscreen SPF 50
Good reviews on this one too!
Own Invisible SPF 30
Again like the word invisible, it's chemical free also! $13.60


Do any of you have a sunscreen that you love? For your kids? For running? Would love some suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment