Saturday, April 13, 2013

Longhorn Run 10K 4/13/13

Perfect weather this morning for a race.  My goal was to come in under 45 minutes or at least to beat my best 10k time of 45:16.  I had some expectations going in to this race so I knew I couldn't blow it.  I started out really fast and felt pretty good so just went with it.  Around mile 3 I started to get a little worried about the mini crash feeling I usually have at mile 4 so I slowed it down a little.  (Though I probably could have pushed through it).  Hilly course, but lots of downhills that I really tried to take advantage of.

Here were my splits/elevation/official time:




 They fired the UT cannon "Smokey" and we were off!




 We got some cool sunglasses as swag

And a photographer took some cute pics of Phene and Sean and sent them to us.







No comments:

Post a Comment