So here is probably the LONGEST bullet post, post, you have ever read.
(I mean how else am I supposed to write about everything, 3 weeks is a long time!)
- I have been sick for weeks with a really horrible cold/flu. Started antibiotics finally a few days ago and I feel somewhat normal...I have run a total of about 16 miles in the last 3 weeks...and have only worked out a few times. Miserable I tell you! I have never been sick for 3 weeks. This has kicked my butt!!!
- I gained like 5lbs this holiday...and I haven't been able to taste anything for at least a week before Xmas. How does this happen you ask? Why would I eat when I can't taste it? I really don't know myself....and old habits of eating A LOT don't die easily. I mean the food was warm, and know how it was supposed to taste. Food coupled with running...well let's just say I won't be wearing my jeans, it's spandex all the way for me...at least for a few weeks until I get back to working out/running. And I also want to mention that I am disappointed I missed tasting all the holiday goodness :(
- My run group had a Xmas run that I couldn't participate in because I was sick...booo....I had all these big running plans for all the days off I had and I just couldn't get out there.
- We went to Sea World a few days before Xmas. It was an odd experience. I was sick, which was part of my disappointment...but the other part of it was Sea World's complete lack of animal life...it was more like a cheesy carnival than the Sea World in San Diego, and the Sea World I knew as a child. They had this whole Elmo play land...what does Elmo have to do with the sea/ocean? When I was a kid we used to go to Marineland in Palos Verdes...it was amazing...there were so many animals and so many displays of ocean life. Even the shows were a little...thinking of the word...just cheesy. We won't be going there again at $65.00 per ticket!
- And....since I haven't run much at all during these 3 weeks...I am bailing out on the Bandera trail run...SOOOO disappointed...but it's next weekend, and I am out of breath after getting dressed! I don't want to hurt myself or be miserable so I am not going to run it. I still would like to do a 15K trail run, so I will be on the lookout for a trail run redemption.
- The kids drove me crazy over the holiday. Between being sick, yes they got sick too, they just recovered faster with their superhuman immune systems...lucky them...any way....Xmas makes kids WILD. And plus we got some cold weather so they were going stir crazy inside. I don't know what people do who live in super cold climates with snow for weeks...how do you handle your kids!!!???
- I don't have any New Years resolutions...actually I don't believe in them. I would like to run a few more miles in 2013 but other than that, this is just another year, my goals haven't changed too much.
Happy New Year to all my running friends! I wish you many injury free easy miles this year!