Thursday, October 25, 2012

Threeeee Things for Thursday

*Today we are doing biometric screening here at my office.  There are a few things that are already bothering me about it.
  1. I couldn't go to the track workout this morning because there was no way I could do a fast hard track run without eating something...which leads me to my next issue...
  2. Looks like I will be running on the treadmill...yep 5-6-7 miles on the treadmill!  I need 7, but I don't know if I can handle being on it for that long!  Wish me luck!
  3. I didn't get to have coffee this morning...I can already feel the headache coming on.
  4. Did I mention I have to run on the treadmill????  Did I mention I haven't had coffee yet?????
*Tuesday I started feeling achy and ended up having a horrible fever/chill/achy flu thing all night.  Luckily I think it was only one of those 24 hour things because I started feeling better last night.  But now Sean has it and is at home in bed, I am hoping Phene isn't next!!

*I have a 10 mile race this Sunday.  Goals you ask?  Geeeeez....after this week of Sean's nasal surgery, Phene sick on Sunday, me sick on Tuesday....I don't know.  I am hoping for 7:30 minute miles....but I might have to be satisfied with under 8 minute splits....We shall see!  Plus it's been like 85-90 every day and SUPER humid.  Well lo and behold a cold front is coming in and it's going to be 40 something Sunday morning!  Now some of you may say that 40 is great running weather.  And I agree that it is...WHEN you are used to it.  I have been training in warm weather, and I don't know if I am ready for 40 degrees


Have a good Thursday all!!




3 comments:

  1. Our coffee machine broke the other day and it was a massive crisis in my world. Like I demanded Dan go get me some coffee because OMG I would die without it. I'm such a joy to live with.

    Good luck this weekend! I will be living vicariously through you and can't wait to hear about the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate treadmills! May the odds be ever in your favor with that.

    Good luck in the race! I think you'll do great in the cooler temps. I'm certainly going to love it this weekend! It was so hot and humid on Wednesday, I couldn't believe it was almost November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No coffee AND a treadmill run of 7 miles? YIKES!!! That's pure torture! Sorry you were sick. I hate having fevers/chills--so uncomfortable. At least it was pretty short-lived. Good luck @ the race!

    ReplyDelete