Saturday, September 29, 2012

Double Digiter & Wine

Last night I went to my Team Luke's Locker meeting.  I got to meet all the people on the team and we talked about expectations, upcoming events, etc.  I am super excited about my future with the one of the coolest running stores in town!  What I found really endearing about the team and it's leaders is that every single member was different and unique in their own way.  We have triathletes, slow runners, fast runners, beginning runners, professional runners, trail runners...just such a diverse group of people!  I am honored to be a part of it!!

Today we went to a local winery for a buffet lunch and to meet up with some friends. (thank you groupon)  This winery is literally less than 5 minutes from our house, yet we hardly ever go there. 

Sean and I took a self portrait...sadly I didn't get a pic of the other couple that came with us :(



Phene was cranky


And we got some free wine glasses


And really the most exciting part of today was my 12 mile run with Erin....Here are our splits: 8:49, 7:54, 7:58, 8:07, 8:00, 7:46, 7:49, 7:50, 7:48, 7:51, 8:09, 7:48
Right on track for where I want to be for the half marathon next weekend.  My hope is that I get 1:45 or under.
It was very rainy but we got lucky and for the majority of the run it just sprinkled.
I am SO thankful I had Erin to run with...she is so consistent and really kept me going!
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, cute pic of you guys!! VERY zippy pace for your long run. I'm sure you'll have no problem making your goal time in the half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do great! I really think you have potential that you haven't even tapped into. I am so excited for you :) I can't wait to hear more about the brunch. I love all things all you can eat so I need to take advantage of that next time :)

    ReplyDelete