Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas All Year Round

Ok if Christmas was all year round I wouldn't be able to run or even walk because I am a glutton.
But that's not what this post is about.
It's about Christmas lights.

We didn't put Christmas lights up this year. I wanted to, but just never got time, or maybe made the time to make Sean put them up.  For awhile now I have been wanting to put nails along the front trim of our house so putting up the lights every year would be easier since we would have a place to hang them on already there.  Which got me thinking....

What about leaving white lights up all year along the top trim of the house all year long?  I really likes the way this looks and white lights aren't tacky right?  (My husband says leaving Christmas lights up all year is white trash, but hey, we live in the country....and it's not like we are in a neighborhood where people would care or even notice.)

I think he was picturing this


When really I meant something more like this (but no icicle lights just tiny white lights, and our house is one story)

What do you think?  Tacky?  White trash?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, given where you are at and how many people can actually see your house from the road in great detail, I don't see it as a big deal. I couldn't do it on my house simply because I'm in an HOA and people CAN see my house in great detail from the street... hehe

    It's only trashy, imo, if you live in the city, in a neighborhood... lol

    ReplyDelete