Monday, December 5, 2011

Calculating B*

Total miles I need to run if I want to have run 1000 miles in 2011=
148.1

Yep, I am calculating again. (as If I am not calculating constantly, paces, miles, race times...on and on and on and on, and it's sad really because my math skills SUCK!)

I plan on running 15 more miles this week

a 1/2 marathon on sunday 13.1

So by monday next week I will be at=
880 miles

120 miles left to run in 20 days

Even if I ran 30 miles a week...I will only be at 90 miles.

(I am calculating that I will do a long run on Saturday of 10 miles for the rest of the year)

I could sneak in 2-3 miles somewhere on a weekend afternoon, I mean it's not about speed right, just getting the miles in. That could add in 5 or so extra miles a week?

MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE, if I try to calculate this further...plus I will just bore you all....

My whole point is that I am going to try to do this...

My back is feeling better! I have been stretching A LOT! And doing some strengthening exercise, and runing slow. So far, so good!

My weekend was pretty uneventful...

Friday night work Xmas party. Drank too much beer but all in all a good time

Saturday just running around doing errands

Sunday housework

It's back to COLD weather here this week. I need to get back in to my cold running state of mind. Which needs to include a good pair of running tights this year. Last year I wore real tights under my running pants and always was sopping wet because there was no moisture wicking. This year I am runing longer distances and need to splurge on some tights.

My Xmas wish list this year is:



  • New Pair of running shoes

  • Pair of running tights

  • and...last but not least!!! Entrance fee for the Austin marathon! (I had contemplated doing some other marathons in some nearby cities, but with kids, and work...I just need to do a local one so it doesn't cost much extra for gas, hotel, food, etc...

That's about all I have for today.



Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up with the numbers! I've never had a monthly/yearly goal, but I can relate because I get like that with weekly numbers. :) I have confidence you can do it!

    I'm excited you are going to do Austin! It's a great marathon, one of my favorites (and I'm not just saying that because it's local). This will actually be the first year in awhile I am not doing Austin - which means I can come cheer you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um once again I have to laugh ... math is definitely not my strong suit. haha

    Austin was on my "to-do" list some day. I hope you can reach your goal without having your head explode from thinking too much about it.

    If you are going to splurge on tights, I recommend Athleta. I have their "relay capris" and LOVE them. They are actually a bit too warm for Sacramento weather. Flattering, nice fit and just really well made. I am sure their other tights are probably the same. Pricey but quality.

    ReplyDelete