Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Book, Mileage, and AGAIN WAY TOO MANY CARBS!

*I am reading a great book...it has just enough romance, adventure, and it's an easy read that I don't get lost in because honestly I only read about 10-15 minutes a night. It has a time travelling twist in it too....a really good read if you have time.
I really want to read "The Hunger Games".  Has anyone read the series?  I have heard it's good.  And I like series because it gives me more than a couple of books to read.

*I am still eating more and more sugar and cookies and other carb loaded crap.
My mom sent me a care package from Trader Joe's (OH HOW MUCH I MISS TRADER JOES!!!) there are cookies, and cookie butter, and more cookies, and chocolate...let's just say I am feeling the effects of my recent gluttony!  Thank goodness I am running almost every day!
(Maybe I will have to rethink doing another cleanse)


*

I am SO close to reaching my 1000 mile goal for 2010! I have been running almost every day and really trying to stretch and baby my back so I can get this done...only 10 more days left to do it! I have a long run planned for Friday, and will have to get another one in, perhaps two? 

*I am feeling stressed about Christmas...it's not my favorite holiday to be honest. I am cooking a turkey this year also, so wish me luck! I am going to try this recipe where you slow roast it overnight. It's supposed to turn out very juicy. Let's hope this doesn't happen to my house in the middle of the night


*I have a full 11 days off of work...I don't know what I am going to do with myself!  Sean is taking the kids to Dallas for 2 days so I will have 2 full days alone....lay on the couch all day?  Read?  Paint my toenails?  Write thank you notes for Christmas presents?  Ha!  I just know myself....my week will be cleaning house, doing laundry, running errands, running, etc...the time always go by SO fast!


Hope you all have a Happy Holiday!!!  And I wish you the best for 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really jealous of your 11 full days off of work. Dan has the same and I give him the evil eye when I leave for the office.

    Christmas is not my favorite holiday either. I had some bad things fall/happen during the holidays for several years in a row, and I have to try really hard not to be a total scrooge during the holidays.

    I miss Trader Joe's too - my parents always take me when I go visit them so I can stock up.

    Keep up the good work with your running - you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the running! I don't think I've ever had a streak that good. I absolutely know how you feel with the TJ's withdrawal. It's only been 1 week for me! I walk to a regular grocery store here and I have no idea where to start or what to get! Why did I not know that you were close to Dallas? North or South? I'm north of Frisco.

    ReplyDelete