- My 1/2 marathon was cancelled...of course it doesn't rain (well barely) all year long and it's like a hurricane descended on Austin just for the morning of the race. Boo! I still got to make the hour drive down there and drive in circles only to be told it was cancelled. Another Boo! I went home and ran 6 miles....but all in all VERY disappointing as I was really training for this one race and decided to do this 1/2 instead of a few others that are coming up. And they aren't refunding my money...so my budget for races is pretty much blown for this month :(
- My mother flew in from California to see me race...and though the race didn't happen we did get to spend a lot of time together which was nice. I really miss having my family close by. We did some really cool crafts while she was here. My mother is very crafty and very creative. I will try to post some pics of some jeweled things we made. It was a lot of fun!
- Phene starts daycare next monday....don't get me started on that today! I am really dreading it even though I know after a few days she will get adjusted and be just fine. Change is always hard! I think we found a good place. It's hard to know. We have visited it a few times, and it seems nice....we will have to try it and see how she does. I am the most neurotic mother! This is what happens when a type "a" has a kid I guess. I just feel like I am always worrying and always thinking the worst about things. I need to let go a little, and it's hard for me. (See this type "a" thing works out great for running, just not so much in some other aspects of my life)
- American Horror Story...oh boy, I could go on and on about this show. Very disturbing and a little graphic...even for me! But it's unlike any TV series I have watched, and for that reason I want to see more! I don't know what scared me more....Jessica Lange's daughter? The guy (?) in the black suit? The husband always being naked?
- A very good friend of mine is having a hard time. It's weighing on me and I am just praying/hoping she figures out what she needs to do. And I hope she knows I love her very much!
Ok back to work. Hope you all have a great week!