Recently I asked a fellow blogger what shows she liked to watch, and she said she hated to admit it but she like shows like the Housewives, Teen Mom, and the Bachelorette. And in all honesty I have seen every one of these shows...and I love them. I think if you asked most people they would have the same answer, there is shame in watching reality tv though....maybe because we kind of all know its scripted....maybe because we all kind of know it's mindless.....but c'mon people it's entertaining as hell and you just can't stop watching!
I will say there are some reality shows that I never watch, I am not saying I have never seen an episode, I am just saying even if it's on and there is nothing else to watch I won't watch the following. Not above it...just not interested:
- The Apprentice
- Any Cooking Show (Hells Kitchen and the like)
- Big Brother
- American Idol
- Extreme Makeover
Shows I actually enjoy(ed):
- Any of the Housewives Shows(I think the Orange County Housewives are the best out of all of the cities)
- Flipping out (Jeff is so funny and rude...I love him!)
- Millionaire Matchmaker
- So You Think You Can Dance
- America's Got Talent
- Queer Eye ( I haven't watched this one for awhile, but it's a good one that I used to watch quite often
- Joe Millionaire (An Oldie but goodie and WOW yes ashamed of this one, I watched every episode!)(Was this guy a tool or what?)
Shows I will watch if I happen upon them and there is nothing else on:
- The Bachelor or Bachelorette (I really try to avoid this one, because if I stop and watch a couple of minutes, I get hooked and can't change the channel!)
- Celebrity Rehab
- Amazing Race
- True Life
I am sure there are others that I am just forgetting at the moment.
So this might be kind of a pointless post....but I guess if I were to make a point it would be that there should be no shame...we are all suckered in to watching these highly entertaining reality shows that we know are pretty cheesy! It's part of the mindless fun!