Thursday, May 5, 2011

Start-->Restart

Well I don't know how much I have to say, but I thought maybe some people out there would like to know what's going on in my life. I haven't really written much for years, though when I was younger I used to write all the time. So, bear with me as I get back in the swing of things.

My newest most depressing news is that my running partner here at work (Of almost a year??) is leaving the company! We have religiously ran three days a week for months and months. She has forced me to run in the freezing cold, rain, heat, bad days, good days, and all those days in between! Maybe I shouldn't be using the word force...let's say...she has inspired me...pushed me...held me accountable! I will miss her so much, and I am not looking forward to dragging myself out there 3 days a week without her company and conversation :( But.....we do have some runs planned. This weekend we are running an adventure mud race! June we are running a 10k....and in October we are planning on running a 1/2 marathon together. So, hopefully there are many more runs together in the future!

As mentioned above we are running an adventure/mud run this weekend called "Jailbreak"
http://www.runthejailbreak.com/jailbreak-austin.php
Should be tons of muddy fun!!! We have been doing some push ups to prepare, but some of the obstacles look grueling! With obstacle names like "police blockade", "perimeter fence", and "wilderness mystery"....to say the least it should be interesting!! We will take pictures and I will fill you in on all the dirty details!

In other news, Phene has turned 2 and is talking up a storm. Her new word is diarreha...she thinks it's quite funny! Josie does too! :) Her newest phrase is "try again". Hearing her say all kinds of new things is amazing. Pretty soon I know she will be talking my head off!

Josie is going to start horse riding lessons a couple times a month. Should be a fun thing to do for the summer. Maybe she will be riding Jelly by next year sometime?

So come back soon to see pics of my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment